Friday, September 15, 2006

Somebody Slap Me

Anyone that has ever moved away from their hometown of New Philadelphia and had to travel back with a malfunctioning CD player knows that there is approximately a 75 mile radius in which the only radio stations available are country.

I traveled home last night and returned today.

I started to enjoy listening to country.

I've always been a fan of old country - Hank Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, Waylan Jennings....

But I actually foundy myself enjoying most of what I heard.

Somebody slap me.

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2006, Blogger Andy said...

Duke Ellington once said, "if it sounds good, it is good."

Don't be hard on yourself - that music is designed to be popular. Granted, this comes at the expense of artistic growth, but country artists give people what they like.

What I don't understand is why you're a fan of Patsy Cline.

 
At September 16, 2006, Blogger Jen Reed said...

There aint nothing wrong with that ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home