Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh-Freaking-Early

I think civilians that use military time are annoying. I do think the notion itself is superior because some jackass never fails to ask, "AM or PM?" and be punished with a very obvious and sarcastic answer from me. "Why would I schedule a teleconference for 5AM?..... Jackass."

My company works on a lot of government contracts, so we interact with military and DoD personnel all the time. Therefore, the use of military time has migrated into our collective behavior. I'd be OK with it if people adopted it due to efficiency, but I'm pretty sure they just think their emails sound cooler.

And I always feel like a poser when I use it in front of military officers.

And I hate it when people always convert it in a questioning manner even though they know how the conversion works. "1400 -- That's 2:00? I'll be there."

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2006, Blogger John said...

As a civilian working with the military I find it fun to use there terms mockingly when they're not around. You know that speech Slim Pickens gives is Dr. Strangelove, about how you wouldn't be human if you weren't emotion about nuclear war or how we all could be in line for medals. Well I've had to listen to speeches exactly like that and try really hard not to laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home