Friday, August 04, 2006

Miamisburg Woman Ruins Dining Experience

Preface: For those that don't know (read: Nick), my wife works as an office manager at a funeral home.

So we decide to go out for dinner last night. After we sit down at the bar, Joanna looks to the right and says, "Hey - I know that girl. She came in for a service last week." Our meal progresses and at some point the ladies exchange a wave and a "Hi."

I started thinking about it, and realized that this poor girl's evening probably went something like this:

"Hey, it's been pretty sad around here since Dad died. You wanna go grab a beer and some food to take my mind off things?"

"Ah... this is nice. Boy am I hungry. I could eat a -- WAIT! I know her.... But from where?... Oh yeah! I saw her last week when I had to bury Dad. Her courteous smile is a cold reminder that I will never again feel the warmth of my father's embrace."

Nice job, Joanna. I hope you're proud of yourself.

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2006, Blogger Nick said...

Your wife's maiden name wasn't Aimee Thanatogenous, by chance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home