Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tip O' the Hat to Geico

I have to admit that I enjoy Geico's Caveman ads. I never thought I'd see the day when an insurance marketing scheme would give me the chuckles... given their collective history of annoying talking geckos and ducks.

I wonder what went on when the marketing department came up with this idea. I bet it started out very non-politically-correct.

"Bob, we need to come up with something to convince stupid people that they're not too stupid for our insurance."

"How about if we make fun of retarded people?........ How about blondes?"

Then they finally found a group that is acceptable for ridicule. Think about how hard that is.

It's also icing on the cake that each of those ads subtly make fun of every spineless PC wuss that can't take a joke.

Well done Geico.

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2006, Blogger Nick said...

Just looking at their faces cracks me up almost every time.

 
At December 21, 2006, Blogger Mike @ MidwesternBite said...

Nick, it's not very nice to laugh at retarded people.

They can't help it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home